WHAT IS AN APPRENTICESHIP?
An apprenticeship is a paid, on the job learning experience with related classroom-based instruction
A pre-apprenticeship is a paid, summer work experience (160 hours) where high school students are employed by a company while they are taking relevant college courses to become eligible for selection as an apprentice.
- Reduce Hiring Costs
- FIll Employment Gaps
- Train skill-specific roles economically
To Qualify, You Must:
- Be a junior or senior in a Wilkes County high school
- Be at least 16 years old with a drivers license
- Submit your application in a timely manner
- Complete two career and technical education courses
- Attend two orientation meetings
- Be in good academic standing